Firstly, a note about security. Early on with Mibbit, I allowed passing in a nick, and a pass, and having them filled in in the connect form. This was a bad idea on my part.
See if you have those in the URL in plaintext, firstly anyone looking over your shoulder can see them, but worse than that, if you click on some links in the chat, the URL is sent as the referer field in the request.
Anyway, bottom line, do NOT pass in a password into the url. It won’t work anymore also – I’ve disabled that Register on www.mibbit.com, and then use autoconnects to manage your login details instead.
Please rest assured that security is #1 concern and this was just one of those “quick and dirty hacks” that I had forgotten worked, and didn’t realize people still used.
OK that over with
* https works fully now – certificate installed. Just go to https://www.mibbit.com
* The embedded client now recognises url parameters the same as /dset does. Anything in dset you can customize for your embed. See the link to embed for an example I did quickly.
* The embedded client now defaults to hide the server tab, show server things in the channel tab, and have no close button on the channel tab.
* Owner modes are now parsed and dealt with. There is no icon on the userlist yet, but that doesn’t require a backend restart.
* The ircd was updated to unrealircd+anope services. The old ircd (dancer) had a limit of 200 clients – pretty useless. The new one has a limit of 4096 for now. Very sorry, but this does mean that you have to register with nickserv, and register channels with chanserv. The old ircd didn’t do well with it’s db. This should not happen again.
* There is now a /dreset command. Use it to reset your prefs to the defaults (Doesn’t affect autoconnects).
I’m sorry about all the restarts lately, but there has been a bit of a surge in growth, and with that comes unexpected limits. One of which was memory usage. I fixed that by reducing some buffers, but that agitated something else which exposed a bug (Dropped packets, userlists not showing etc). Then I fixed that one.
I *think* things are pretty stable now It’s really appreciated that you are not put off by the restarts. Once things settle down a little, they will only be done once a week on the quietest day…. promise
There are a ton of features in the works, ignore, logging, the option for ops to set their channel as public logged – searchable from mibbit, and much more. So stay tuned