Now that services are back online, to reset your nick password follow the following actions and commands; (recovering your channel needs the owner nickname recovered first *
1. From a connection to irc.mibbit.net type the command
/msg nickserv RESETPASS <thenick_you_had>
2. You will be sent an e-mail to the registered account for that nickname.
*Please check your Spam folder in case you don’t see it at first*
* also – add ‘email@example.com’ email address (us) to your whitelist if you have one *
Follow the actions in the mail.
a) re-identify to your nick with /msg nickserv IDENTIFY <password>
b) an error will be displayed (this is ok)
c) within 20seconds of the error type the ENTERCODE command received in the email
e.g. by typing the command as stated (e.g. /msg nickserv ENTERCODE <the_code> )
3. You’ll be given a temporary new password (shown on screen). Identify using this code like this
/msg nickserv IDENTIFY <temporary_new_password>
*Note: if you see it the trailing dot is *not* part of the password
You will now be successfully identified and your account restored to you, you must change your password now.
4. Change password using
/msg nickserv SET PASSWORD <TheNewPassWord>
(please follow good password practice, e.g. do not set it to your old pass or any other you use)
5. Your nickname and channels are restored successfully to the registered e-mail account and credentials are stored in the new, rebuilt IRCd services.
For any channels your nick is owner to you should immediately change the channel owner password using
/msg chanserv set #<name-of-channel> PASSWORD <the_new_password>
do this once your nick has been recovered.
Please note resets *expire* after one hour – if you don’t receive an e-mail after this time please try a second time. And do check <spam> – Yahoo and Hotmail have been unkind to this kind of email in the past. Thank You.
PS. Update: we have changed our spvf entry and tested Yahoo mail successfully with resetpass. If you had no e-mail before please try again now. Thank You.