It’s been a while since the last large update, but it’s finally happened Here’s a list of some of the updates included…
- You can now change the size of the tabs at the top. Make them as big or small as you prefer.
- You can change the size of the input bar to suit your tastes.
- When you change prefs, most things will update instantly. There’s only a few things that will need a [reload]
- Server tabs now show the network name when known, leaving you a bit of extra space. For example, “Mibbit” instead of “irc.mibbit.net”. If you really want to know, hover over it, and you can see the full address.
- Lots of work on internationalization. We should be ready to add new language support very easily now.
- Whois replies now get 379,310,313 (modes, help, operator)
- When a topic changes, the infobar now updates as it should, to show the new topic.
- Frontpage is now tidier, it won’t show up until you can use it, and the Yahoo and Twitter logins have been combined
- The old footer is gone. It was taking up space, and not really that useful. If you want to know which version of the client you’re running, hover over the frog logo
- PART with a reason now works as it should do. Also if you /part a channel, it’ll show properly in the tab, as it would if you were kicked. (Usage: “/part <channels> [reason]” eg “/part #foo,#bar I’m gone!”)
- /away notifications are back, working as they were
- Tab complete on nicks is improved. Previously, if it couldn’t complete any more, it just stopped. Now it works better. For example, suppose we have a channel with “Jodie” and “Joseph” in it. Here’s how it’d work: [J] [TAB] -> “Jo” -> [TAB] -> “Jodie” -> [TAB] -> “Joseph” -> [TAB] -> “Jodie”. So you can quickly cycle through the options until you find the one you’re after.
- Several things are now done on a network basis rather than server. For example, if you connect to irc.mibbit.com and I connect to irc.mibbit.net extended /whois info, typing notify etc all work now as they should. Even though we’re on different names.
The widget will be updated soon to get these extra features.
If you do see any bugs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as you can.