www.ircatwork.com is now a part of Mibbit.com. Hopefuly the new visitors will find mibbit has some features lacking in cgi::irc. However, if there are features you miss from cgi::irc just add to the WishList on the wiki, or contact us.
- identification with NickServ and joins are now sent after a 001 reply from IRC servers (Solves some problems with servers that didn’t like us).
- /j now does the same as /join
- If you set chatOutputMaxLines to 0, that now means unlimited chat history (Might run out of memory on your browser of course. A decent logging system is on the todo).
- If you’re linking to mibbit (See previous post), you can now also include nick and pass to have them pre-filled in. The user then need only click connect.
- /clear clears the current channels output. Handy if you don’t want someone to see something over your shoulder.
- Bans and unbans now show up in channels. (Options to hide them/change color).
- AutoAway, AutoBack. The default is to set people as away after 10 minutes of not saying anything. You can change your settings with /set or /dset for now. Also custom autoAway message.
That’s about it for this update, stay tuned for more soon