Wow! what a year.
Over the past 12 months our infrastructure has grown massively and traffic has more than tripled, we couldn’t have done it without your support.
The widget and main client have broken through 11k concurrent sessions and gone from averaging 3.0bn to over 7.0bn IRC messages per month (yes billion). Mibbit is in 3 data centres across two continents and on more websites than ever before.
This is all thanks to you, you’re among over a million people using our service every month, we’re finishing up strong in 2010 and in case you missed any of the developments this year here’s a summary. Looking forward to delivering more in 2011.
- more IRC networks – over 200 to date
- Twitter in the widget
- New skins and customisation
- Filters and connect images for Premium customers
- Chrome app, desktop notifications
- Downloadable chat-histories
- More languages (Norwegian Russian and more)
- Docs viewer and Maps support
To everyone, have a happy and social Christmas holidays and see you in the New Year, keep on Mibbiting. Looking forward to sharing more developments in 2011.